The Cage

First Building Project.

A quiet week. The cabbages have been covered with netting. Im not sure if we have managed to keep the butterflies out, or keep the snails in, either way we now have a little structure on the plot.

I did not get the chance to do the other jobs that were listed. heavy rain and wind for a few days prevented me putting down any fabric, then family things filled up the rest of my time.

What really surprised me was the number of weeds that appeared on the plot.  An hours work and I was on top of things, but it was incredible how deep the roots were. The rain and sun probably helped immensely, lets hope the crops respond in the same way.

I now have a PH tester so will have a go with this later in the week, along with the jobs that I listed in last weeks post.